As most of you know, I am a big fan of baking. I always try to make sure that everyone knows that AIP and Paleo treats should be kept in moderation and used as true treats, not a regular dietary staple. That being said, it is so wonderful to have the opportunity to do some fun holiday baking. These yummy cookies combine some of my favorite holiday flavors and are a wonderful addition to my usual holiday baking routine, plus they are a very easy cookie to make, even if you are not a big baker.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite holiday flavor is. Do your like Cranberry, Cinnamon or peppermint the best?
Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies (AIP/Paleo)
1 Cup of Coconut Flour
4 TBS Arrowroot Flour
Pinch of sea salt
1 ½ Cups of Palm Shortening
4 TBS Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 TBS Water
Zest from 1 Orange
½ Cup Dried, Unsweetened Cranberries, pulsed in the food processor
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a medium bowl sift together the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, and pinch of salt.
- Add in your maple syrup and vanilla and stir thoroughly. Then add in your water and shortening and continue to stir until the mixture has thickened into a nice dough.
- Add in your orange zest and cranberries.
- Press your dough into a greased 8×8 baking dish and pierce with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow the cookies to cool in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares
- Store in the refrigerator