Hello Everyone! As you may have noticed I have been incredibly absent from the writing world this week. I am, unfortunately, suffering from a flare up of my ulcerative colitis which decided to give me a lot of trouble this week. So, all of my limited energy has been going to essential tasks like eating and walking around which left the blog sadly untended. Thankfully, however, I have been doing slightly better the last two days and things are moving in a good direction.
While the blog hasn’t been updated, I was able to add a few new additions to Sweet Potatoes and Social Change’s new Facebook page! So as promised, here is the second weekly installment of Friday Facebook Recap, in which I give snippets of all the great info getting posted on the Facebook page in an effort to encourage people to check out the page and get connected with more great resources on healthy eating, homesteading, and environmental sustainability. Here are some of this week’s highlights:
* Sweet Potatoes and Social Change was added to From Scratch Magazine’s new Homesteading Blogger Directory … Check It Out!
* A recipe for making your own vanilla extract… a skill that produces great gifts and saves you a lot of money
* Tips on getting rid of ants naturally
* A great graphic to remind us that throwing things away doesn’t make them disappear it only makes them someone else’s problem.
* An editorial piece from Mark’s Daily Apple on the new gluten free diet trend”.
* A recipe for a paleo pumpkin spiced latte… you know you want to check that out!
* And finally, a list of great films with “green themes” to satisfy your family’s movie night needs.
Find all of these things and more on the Facebook page and while you are there be sure to “like” the page so you can stay up to date on all of the latest info!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!